Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pancakes and Waffles

So, I'm making chocolate chip pancakes for Jenn. Know what it reminds me of?

When I was a kid, one thing me and my friends always looked forward to was breakfast at my house. Often, two or three of my buddies would spend the night on Friday just so they could partake in the feast on Saturday Morning.

My Dad would get up early (as he did every day) and make a huge bowl of batter from scratch and before long there would be stacks of pancakes and piles of waffles for us to devour with bacon and sausage.

My Father was never very good at showing emotion but the one way he was comfortable showing love was by cooking and so he did it every weekend without fail.

Now I follow in my Dad's footsteps (although I hope I'm better at sharing my emotions and showing my love) by making breakfast for Jenn every weekend morning.

I don't get up early and I don't make it from scratch, but I do make it with love and I know Jenn appreciates it.

Now if I could only figure out a way to make a pancake that looks like a heart rather than misshapen blob, breakfast would be perfect!

What rituals do you have to show your love?
Please share.

No comments: