Saturday, October 4, 2008

The "Other" 3 Magic Words

So Greg is leaving, going to be gone all day to pick up wood for the winter. And tomorrow, he'll be gone all day at the Bronco's football game.

Yes, I am a bit pouty. I miss him!!!

His last words as he pulls out the driveway?

"I'll hurry home!"

After a few disappointments, I've learned that this phrase DOES NOT mean he'll be home any sooner, like I used to hope it meant.

Instead, I learned it means something even better.

It means: "I wish I could be home with you now. And I can't wait to be back in your arms."

And that always makes me fuzzy, cause I know I'm loved.

A little phrase he utters often, just to show he cares. So easy, yet profound.

They are the "Other" 3 Magic words. (The first being 'I love you' of course).

I SO appreciate him for that!

What 3 (or 4 or 5) magic words does your partner often use that makes your heart sing?

Please comment.



No comments: