Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Making Time to Check In

Jenn has been working really hard over the last six months.

Between putting the house on the market (and keeping it clean enough to show), looking at countless horse properties (and finding our dream home), packing, painting and unpacking, Jenn has had an extra full-time job.

Add to that all the work she's been doing on her business and Jenn has been burning the candle at both ends.

And I couldn't be more proud of her.

I can see the passion in her come out when she tells me about her day and the progress she made on what she was working on. She shares with me her triumphs and her challenges.

She asks me my opinion on different things (even though she knows way more about what she is doing than I do) and values what I have to say. And through all of this, even when she is working into the wee hours of the night (or morning), she always makes sure that she spends time and pays attention to me.


I know she is stressed about getting done all the things she has to get done before her various deadlines come to fruition so the fact that she takes time to focus on me really makes me feel loved and appreciated.

Jenn is one in a million and not a day goes bye that I don't feel thankful to have her in my life and by my side. Jenn is an amazing woman and my best friend!


When you are stressed and really busy, what do you do to make sure your partner feels loved and appreciated?

Please share.

No comments: