Monday, November 17, 2008

For the Love of a Man, or an Ice Man

FLAP, FLAP, FLAP! (Ears flying everywhere)

What was that? Oh no, not Ice again.

For some strange reason, our Greyhound Ice Man
(and no I don't have some unhealthy infatuation with Top Gun, that's the name he came with from the rescue) has been getting up at two or three o'clock in the morning recently.


He doesn't necessarily need to go to the bathroom. It's almost like he's bored or something. What ever the reason, he's up, which means one of us has to get up too.

Now luckily for me, Ice has formed a strong bond with Jenn. Stronger, in fact, then his bond with me.

So when he wakes up, he always goes to Jenn's side of the bed first. This means that Jenn gets to take him out, right?

Not really. Ice is my dog and my responsibility.

And Jenn would have every right to wake me up to tell me to take him out, especially since Jenn loves sleep more than life itself. But you know what?

Jenn usually takes him out, especially during the week when I have to go to work in the morning. And I really appreciate that because sleep seems to be in short supply in our house.

In reality, Jenn takes Ice out to help me out.

It allows me to either stay asleep or fall back to sleep quickly, which makes my mornings much more tolerable. If I had to get up and let him out, it would cut my five or six hours down to just four or five.

I really appreciate Jenn getting up with Ice and taking such good care of him and me.

What does your sweetie do to help you out? Please share.

No comments: