Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Last Monday was our 1st wedding anniversary. And yesterday was Greg’s 38th birthday.

I never got to meet Greg’s Mom because she was killed by a drunk driver when he was 17 years old.

I’ve longed to meet her so that I could thank her for giving the gift of Greg to the world, and especially to me!

What would I thank her for exactly?

For raising a son in this culture who is:

- So generous with his time and attention to others
- So thoughtful of others needs
- So affectionate, emotionally available, and loving
- So conscientious and responsible
- So trustworthy and reliable
- So sweet and endearing
- So dependable and loyal
- So supportive and uplifting
- So willing to learn and grow
- So able to be an equal, 50-50% partner in a relationship
- So willing to go above and beyond whatever is called for

I’d give her a great big hug and tell her she must have been the best mom ever to have raised such an amazing man!

For all of these reasons and many more, I am the luckiest girl alive.

Every day I marvel at how easy and joyful love can be when you have a wonderful partner who’s a great fit for you.

From this deep gratitude grows my mission to help everyone find their own soulmate love.

So Happy, Happy Birthday Greg.

I am so grateful you were born yesterday, 38 years ago.

You have been the biggest gift of my lifetime.

And I look forward to celebrating every one of your birthday’s together till we are old and grey and sitting in a porch swing, cuddled up, still so grateful for the joy our love has brought us!

You are my sun, my moon, and my stars- lighting my way with ever-lasting love.

You are my angel.

And I love you.

Thank you for being you.

No comments: