Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adopting "The Girls"

I need to thank Greg from the bottom of my heart for adopting my horses, Pony, Poni, and Ponie, otherwise known as Serendipity, Charm and Frolic, or collectively as "The Girls."

He even agreed to sell the house he had built so we could move to the country and live with them- which is my dream come true.

Now every day I am so grateful for living my dream. It's magic!

But more than that- he loves them like they were his own.

Which I guess they are, since he pays a lot of their bills! And never complains. Ask any horse person if their horse husband doesn't
complain about the money they cost! And you'll know how big a deal that is!


But, even more than that, it was him that showed me how to slow down and love each one just for who they are.

I used to be more focused on the goal, on the shows, and progressing our training.
But now, I focus on loving them, and kissing them lots. And it's much more enjoyable!

But perhaps most important of all- I want to thank him for joining me in one of the most important parts of my life.


I can't tell you how meaningful it is to me to have a husband who rides with me. I never dreamed I'd end up married to a man who not only knows which end kicks, but also knows how to get a stubborn horse in a trailer,
will clean horse manure, and rides almost as good as me! :)

He's even learning my particular sport (he grew up riding in a different sport and hadn't ridden in 16 years when we met). And we plan to start showing together next year, side by side.

Tears come to my eyes when I see Greg, atop my very first horse, jumping over tiny cross rails. Each taking care of the other.

My heart smiles as wide and happy and as bright as could be!

Thank you for giving me the joy of sharing such a big part of who I am.

What activity or hobby do you join in with your partner because it means a lot to them?

Please comment.

No comments: